Thursday, March 29, 2012

Obsessed?

You know those people. Those people who make fitness junkies seem unhealthy. Those people who turn something healthy into an unhealthy obsession. 
But what about those who become addicted to the runner's high? To the feel of sore muscles? Is that too unhealthy?
Because of my ankle, I have decided to take a day or two off of running. However, I just caught myself looking up easy yoga workouts to do at home. I don't want to take even one day off from working out. Is that healthy?
I think...yes.
I am not addicted because I want to be the thinnest I can, I am addicted because I love the feeling of improving myself. My body has grown to crave that feeling of working itself. I never thought I would be one of those people who craved a workout, but, low and behold, here I am. 
This time trying to get into shape is different. This time, I don't want to fail. I don't want to start over. I want to keep pushing myself until I succeed. That's never happened before. Before, I used to go to the gym and dread it. Then I would not care about going again. This has become a great habit. I love the sweat rings that form on my shirt collars, the sweat pouring down my face, the way my legs feel like jelly after a run, the stretch I feel after yoga. Even eating junk food isn't as appealing. I just want to provide my body with what it craves: fruit and vegetables, protein and whole grains. Oh man, it's such a great feeling.
I'm addicted to fitness and I don't want to go to rehab.  

No comments:

Post a Comment